Why is the ostinato such a useful teaching tool?
- Repetition is the best way to practice music reading skills!
- Short motifs are much easier for beginners to read than a complete song!
- Singing in harmony is possible, even with very young students!
- Instant success is very motivating for all students!
- Makes really efficient use of your very short music classes!
In this collection, Heather provides a sequential process for teaching students of all ages to read solfege, using the ostinato as the main teaching tool. Many rounds are included as well as folk songs.
The recordings provide good vocal models for your students. Both performance and accompaniment tracks are included.
- Chairs to Mend
- Ickle Ockle
- Scotland’s Burning
- Rain Come Wet Me
- Liza Jane
- Now We’ll Make the Rafters Ring
- Ifca’s Castle
- Go to Sleep
- Alabama Gal
- Shake Them ‘Simmons Down
- Let’s Catch the Rooster
- Closet Key
- Chatter With the Angels
- Rocky Mountain
- Canoe Song
- This Old Hammer
- Goodbye Old Paint